Five awe-inspiring dining experiences in one restaurant opened over the summer of 2017 at Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk, all the work of award-winning industry entertainment and sports venue culinary leader Legends Hospitality, responsible for the excellent food at Yankee Stadium, One World Observatory in NYC and 39 amphitheaters across the country; and Craveable Hospitality Group.
Grab a bite from The Café and return to the action on the beach. Sit down with friends in the Test Kitchen to experience that latest in food and wine trends and meet local BK celebrity Chefs, as well as culinary stars from across New York City. Meet new people at the Community Clam Bar over a table of freshly caught raw seafood. Relax at the Parachute Bar with 32 different beers on tap, hand-crafted cocktails, and gastro-pub food selection or take in a view of the ocean at the rooftop bar serving small bites, proprietary wines and local favorites at Boardwalk & Vine. The new restaurant will ensure that beachgoers, amphitheater guests, local residents, and event attendees are welcomed year round with premier and comfortable dining at this new waterfront destination.
- The Parachute Bar – A great homage is paid to this historic Coney Island landmark with a vast bar that spans more than half the length of the restaurant. All thirty-two seats at the bar serve as prime viewing of the Parachute Jump. 32 craft beers on tap along with small production cans and bottles, an extensive wine by the glass program will be centered around unique and esoteric offerings encouraging guests to sample or try something outside of their comfort zone. The Parachute Bar cocktail program will be anchored by local spirits, fresh premium components and hand-picked garnishes and herbs. Amazing food will complement the lively atmosphere and encourage sharing and sampling in a small-plate format ensuring an always-authentic Brooklyn approach.
- Community Clam Bar – This is a super-social seafood extravaganza. The menu is focused on shareable and small plates featuring fresh-catch flavorful gems. Flights of beer are a must in this setting to start, followed by growlers of beer for the table filled with the parties’ agreed upon beer of choice. Loyal patrons are encouraged to bring their own growlers as well, and a special growler program is geared around this experience.
- Test Kitchen – Typically, a test kitchen serves as an outlet for culinarians to develop and experiment with new dishes and food concepts. Kitchen 21’s Test Kitchen will be the critical and final stage of the incubation as dishes transition toward menu placement. These dishes will complement the menu mainstays and seasonal fare. Beverage will be approached in the same manner utilizing the Test Kitchen to develop and refine the exciting wine, beer, and cocktail program. Winemakers, local brew masters and mixologists will work in conjunction with the Test Kitchen pop up chef series to consistently evolve the philosophy and menu offerings.
- Coney Island Café – This area has twenty-four lounge seats and is a quick service option that focuses on grab and go options including sandwiches and salads.
- Boardwalk & Vine is the rooftop wine bar featuring our own proprietary Vintage 21 wines, local selections, and limited small plates to nosh on while enjoying the sunset over the famed Coney Island Boardwalk.
The menus at all five Kitchen 21 concepts have been developed by Legends Hospitality Chef Joseph Raiola, with participation by Craveable Hospitality Group’s Culinary Director Matt O’Neill, to feature American cuisine with a boardwalk influence. A Food Network Chopped Champion for Season Five, New York City native Chef Raiola brings his extensive experience in fine cuisine at the world’s most acclaimed destinations to Kitchen 21. Along with culinary leadership on teams for Tribeca Grill, Tavern on the Green and The Plaza, Abigail Kirsch at Pier Sixty, City Athletic Club, The Palm, Chef Raiola was Executive Chef for Morton’s Steakhouse in Brooklyn. Chef Raiola also has led culinary programs for such prestigious venues as Barclay Center and Encore Event Center. He is a frequent expert Chef guest on television, instructor, and Brooklyn news columnist. Chef Raiola’s philosophy is to always establish new food and beverage trends to innovate in the culinary industry, and he is bringing this exciting energy to Kitchen 21 with its seasonal approach and dynamic experience for guests.